As our global population grows, so does the need for energy, construction and utilities. Which means demand for these careers looks to be on a continuing upward trend.
In fact, there are few industries growing as fast as California’s Advanced Energy sector. Every year adds upwards of 15,000 jobs with salaries starting at $40,000 and some career progressions hitting $100,000 or more.
These include jobs in architecture, engineering, electrical, mechanical, inspection, and construction positions engaged in technologies that improve energy efficiency.
The state’s legislation and policies are requiring more alternative energy sources as well as more efficient use of energy. Therefore, students who choose this career path set themselves up well for job security here in California and across the globe, as rapid growth in this industry continues.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHWAYS
- Watch: Construction Management
- Watch: Carpentry
- Watch: Drafting Technology
- Watch: Environmental Control Technology
- Watch: Machining
- Watch: Manufacturing and Industrial Technology
- Watch: Sheet Metal
- Watch: Surveying
- Watch: Welding Technology
- Facility Management
- Architectutural/Engineering Managers
- Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Plumbers and Steamfitters
- HVAC/R Mechanics and Installers