Healthcare employment refers to careers in hospitals, ambulatory services, and nursing and residential care facilities.
With rapid population growth, the demand for high-quality healthcare services continues to grow. In order to provide these services, a sufficient pool of qualified workers is needed. Which means healthcare tends to add jobs even in slower economic times.
Healthcare provides job seekers with opportunities to find and retain employment in a wide range of occupations and skill levels. Furthermore, healthcare is among the few industries that offer great mobility and regional diversity – with jobs in both urban and rural areas.
The healthcare sector is one of the largest employers in California, and with a growing population and longer life expectancy, this sector should remain strong for quite some time.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHWAYS
- Watch: Cardiovascular Technology
- Watch: Dental Assistant
- Watch: Dental Hygienist
- Watch: Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Watch: Dietetic Services & Management
- Watch: Gerontology
- Watch: Health Information Technology
- Watch: Fitness Trainer
- Watch: Massage Therapy
- Watch: Medical Assisting
- Watch: Pharmacy Technician
- Watch: Physical Therapist Assistant
- Watch: Psychiatric Technician
- Watch: Radiologic Technology
- Watch: Registered Nursing
- Watch: Respiratory Care Therapy
- Watch: Surgical Technology
- Watch: Vocational Nursing