A supply chain is a system of organizations, activities, technologies and resources that help move a product or service from supplier to customer. This includes sourcing, procurement, conversion and all logistics-related activities.
Essentially, Global Trade and Logistics is the backbone of the state’s export system. And with exports totaling roughly $160 billion annually, international trade is a major economic driver for California.
Most importantly, these exports translate into high-paying jobs for more than a million people here.
Many economists contend that export-led growth is the only sustainable way to maintain living standards and secure long-term economic success. So, improving Global Trade Logistics and further growing California’s exports benefits the entire economy. As such, you can expect this sector to supply plentiful jobs well into the future.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHWAYS
- Watch: International Business
- Business Operations Specialists
- Maintenance & Repair Workers
- Shipping, Receiving & Traffic Clerks
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers & Weighers
- Production, Planning & Expediting Clerks
- Installation, Maintenance & Repair Workers
- Bus & Truck Mechanics & Diesel Engine Specialists
- Cargo & Freight Agents
- Transportation, Storage & Distribution Managers